Imagine Village Life in Columbia, Missouri …
Nestled Within 17 Acres:
Woodlands, Trails, and Remnant Prairie
What is Bear Creek Prairie?
Bear Creek Prairie is a residential conservation community to be built in Northeast Columbia, Missouri near Albert Oakland Park. It is located on 17 acres on the south side of Northland Drive between Rangeline Street (Highway 763) and Parker Street.
Further Development On Hold
Due to the current uncertainty in the housing market further development of Bear Creek Prairie has been suspended as of March 2008. For more information on this, please go to the NEWSLETTER section to read our latest Newsletter.
To develop a residential community that is environmentally responsible, pedestrian friendly, encourages community interaction, and is a model for sustainable land use development.
- Cluster the homes around common areas to create a setting that is conducive to resident interaction.
- Create quality homes that are visually interesting, in a moderate price range, with low utility costs and minimal maintenance.
- Have a range of unit sizes and styles, such as Townhomes, Cottages, and Flats.
- Use all feasible "green" building techniques to create a healthy living environment.
- Preserve a significant portion of the land for native habitat and wildlife as well as for the residents and future generations.